My name is Noah Mermet. I am 9 years old and was born in Portland. I am both American and French since my two parents are from France. I love World Fit because it made me do sports and compete with the other kids.
Every day during World Fit, US Olympian Sean O’Neill would walk a group of 8-14 kids around the perimeter of the school for up to 30 minutes before class started.
On rainy days (which happens in Portland), the kids would play indoor soccer in the gymnasium. All kids, would do additional activities at home and log their sports via the website. All students had their parents get involved as buddies and a few even got their grandparents involved.
Some activities that Noah (781.125 total miles and 19.53 miles per day) did during the Walk: Judo, Ski, BMX, Swimming and running (just during World Fit).
Infos about L’Etoile French Immersion School
- Founded in 2011.
- L’Etoile French Immersion school provides a developmentally significant, immersion approach to education that integrates rigorous academics with arts, drama, sports, and music.
- Following the structure administered by the French Ministry of Education,
- Participated in World Fit 2014 (11 students) and 2015 (25 students).
- 6.4/miles per student per day for 2015.
- First year the kids were 2nd and 3rd graders.
- Second year the kids were 3 and 4th graders.